Location: all locations - Torrance, Burlingame, Doral, Owasso, Eagan, Mount Prospect
Subsidiary: Röhlig USA, LLC
Country: United States
Plan and carry out direct sales activities to attain NEW accounts in accordance with agreed sales and business plans. Work with Regional Vice President and Vice President of Sales to grow revenue and exceed targets by promoting and selling our business, and driving sales activity through a designated territory, while using discretion and independent judgment.
- Sales and Business Development
- Develop new and prospective customers while maintaining existing accounts
- Assist Vice President of Sales & Regional VP in the preparation and negotiation of bids, RFQ’s & quotations with customers, suppliers and overseas agents
- Assist with sales campaigns and events in conjunction with local and overseas partners
- Co-ordinate and attend sales visits both in the USA, and with overseas partners for aiding business development if applicable
- Plan and manage personal business portfolio/territory according to agreed market strategy
- Joint sales visits with other sales professionals
- Compliance with all regulations prescribed by USA Customs/IATA/TSA/FMC and other governing bodies
- Offer sales support for future sales offices in remote locations
- Quoting of freight costs to new customers
- Response and follow up sales inquiries and leads using appropriate methods
- Client and Supplier Management
- Client Management of allocated customers by using established tools to achieve and exceed targets
- Weekly follow up with new clients after first shipments
- Deployment of information about all contracts with customers and suppliers to all parties
- Ensure that any client entertainment activities are carried out in a professional and responsible manner to ensure the continuing good name of Rohlig USA
- Ensure customer requests are completed in a timely manner and at the highest possible service level
- Adhere to client service level agreements
- Resolves discrepancies, while keeping record of discrepancies via the Innovations and Incidents Management (IIM) to ensure compliance
- Monitor competitor activity and industry trends
- Attend industry related functions when required as a key representative of Rohlig USA
- Update and maintain all relevant information about customers and sales activities on CRM
- Provide weekly reporting of sales activities
- Attend meetings with sales team members
- Attend training to develop relevant knowledge, techniques and skills if applicable
- High school graduate - some college preferred
- Knowledge of related computer applications and reporting tools
- Familiar with all freight forwarding procedures, regulations & departments
- 2 - 5 years of industry related experience required
- Demonstrated Customer Services skills
- Proven Sales and Business selling ability & success
- Self - motivated and results driven
- Outstanding people and communication skills
- Excellent problem solving ability
- Excellent Time Management skills
What you can expect
Working at Rohlig means to live internationality: Every day staff members around the world cooperate on developing logistics solutions for their customers. Smart minds with drive encounter numerous opportunities to play a vital role in this process. Flat hierarchies, a pleasant and friendly work environment, considerable opportunities for personal development and long-term career planning provide the basis for your success.
As a family-owned business we strive to be employee orientated and offer a comprehensive benefits package with a focus on your wellbeing.
- This package includes full health insurance (medical, dental, and vision), life insurance, disability, and pet insurance.
- Röhlig offers competitive compensation, 401k with employer match, PTO (you even get your birthday off too!), and a highly dynamic global work environment.
We look forward to meeting you!
1743 Linneman Rd. Mount Prospect, IL 60056