Position: Branch Manager
Locations: Elk Grove Village, Il.; Detroit, MI; Los Angeles, CA; Atlanta, GA
Subsidiary: Röhlig USA, LLC
Country: United States
Full responsibility for and provide leadership in achieving the stated goals of the Imports and Exports, and Air and Ocean departments as well as ensure a smooth running of the branch in accordance with the company policies and procedures. Full P/L, budget and target responsibility for the branch.
- Coordinate the operations for both Imports & Exports departments, monitoring work flows and management of resources to ensure and verify timely and accurate operational processes
- Ensure speedy delivery of cargo to customers
- Compliance with all regulations of USA Customs/IATA/TSA and other governing bodies
- Assists Human Resources in the hiring and termination of employees
Functional and Accounting Outcomes
- Set goals and objectives for the branch in accordance with company guidelines and key performance areas/indicators; number of jobs, revenue and cost per job, expenses & revenue ratio
- Full P/L responsibility, set Budget and target and present to Management
- Collaborate with Sales to integrate operations and sales budgets
- Develop a business plan in conjunction with his/her key staff, to achieve the stated company outcomes
- Use established indicators and tools (e.g. daily invoicing and job numbers, financial reports etc.) appropriately
- Ensure all accounting matters are finalized to maximize revenue and all accounting functions in the branch are dealt with in a timely manner
Client, Supply Management, and Business Development
- Management of allocated customers using established tools (e.g. client activity reports) in order to achieve and exceed targets.
- Negotiation of contracts with customers, suppliers and overseas agents.
- Deployment of information of all contracts with customers and suppliers to all parties.
- Prospect new business and Sales Development.
- Resolve discrepancies, while keeping record of discrepancies via the Innovations and Incidents Management (IIM) to ensure compliance
- Lead, motivate, and manage operations and sales teams
- Retain adequate staffing levels
- Conduct annual performance reviews July and January; Establish targets and objectives
- Monitor staff performance - work with HR on employee relations and training issues
- Uses discretion and judgment to make decisions on job status and succession planning recommendations to Human Resources
- Demonstartes good interdepartmental relationships and liaises with suppliers and overseas agents
- Makes customers and their needs a primary function of their actions and decisions to ensure our brand name and reputation continue to flourish
- Demonstrates the ability to employ a range of different techniques to lead, coach and develop staff
- Links employee development to individual organization objectives
- Shows initiative when handling problems - ensures customer complaints are resolved in a timely and appropriate manner, and implements measures to eradicate identified weaknesses in order to refine and improve processes to internal and external customers
- Sets goals and objectives for specified departments in accordance with company guidelines in key performance areas by using agreed key performance indicators (number of jobs, amount of revenue, revenue cost per job, expenses/revenue ratio)
- Ensures the branch achieves financial and quality objectives
- High school graduate, some college preferred
- Knowledge of related computer applications: EDI/Cargowise, CRM
- Familiarity with all freight forwarding procedures and financials: TSA, CBP, IATA, FMC, BIS
- Business unit & Cost center supervision experience: : P&L, Debtors, AR/AP
- Essentially six plus years of industry related experience required
- Demonstrated Leadership and People Management skills
- Proven sales ability
- Highly motivated and results driven
- Outstanding people skills; customer driven, business savvy
- Able to handle complex problems, knows how to multitask
What you can expect?
Play a vital role in this process. Flat hierarchies, a pleasant and friendly work environment, considerable opportunities for personal development and long-term career planning provide the basis for your success.
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume and motivation letter to:
Mrs. Kim Keck
Human Resources Manager
Rohlig USA, LLC | 1601 Estes Avenue | Elk Grove Village IL 600007