Stink Bug (BMSB)
Vehicles, Machinery and parts (VMP)
With the 2021/22 BMSB Season fast approaching, The Ministry for Primary industries (MPI) have notified that the Vehicles, Machinery and Parts Import Health Standard (VMP), has been amended with proposed changes to better manage Brown Marmorated Stink Bug (BMSB) risk and include effective guidance to support requirements.
MPI will advise when the Import Health Standard has been provisionally finalised.
Importers planning to export vehicles, machinery and parts on or after 1 September 2021 from a schedule 3 country should prepare to comply with the BMSB Standards which will come into force on 1 September 2021.
Changes to the Vehicles, Machinery and Parts Import Health Standard (VMP)
Proposed import requirement changes include:
- Poland has been added as a BMSB risk country where BMSB management measures will apply.
- Four smaller vehicle types (all-terrain vehicles, golf carts, quad bikes and side-by-side racers) will no longer be eligible to meet the BMSB management exclusion criteria.
- Inflatable boats have been clarified as excluded from the Standard.
The draft Standard also includes guidance amendments and additions including:
- Clarification around import requirements when vehicles, machinery or parts arrive in New Zealand using a combination of air and sea movements.
- Changes to the manufacturer’s declaration template provided by MPI including guidance around who can complete and submit the declaration.
All changes are separately listed and discussed in the risk management proposals attached.
Sea Container Standards (SEACO)
MPI have not advised of any proposed changes to the Import Health Standard for sea containers (SEACO) from all countries for this BMSB season.
Link to the current SEACO Standards: CLICK HERE
Please download our BMSB Notification 2021-2022 that provides a summarized version of the health standard and quick reference on Sea Cargo from Italy to NZ "What you need to know flyer".
We will continue to keep you updated as more information becomes available.
Thank you for your ongoing support of Röhlig New Zealand.