Our contract logistics division comprises worldwide logistics services with a global network of currently 24 full service 3PL facilities with a total of 250,000 sqm:
- State-of-the art digital solutions including barcode processing, EDI, Web Portal, WMS
- Bonded & non-bonded warehousing
- Managed transport services
- Value-added services
- P.O./ Vendor Management
- Process optimization
As part of the growth strategy in this fast developing key vertical for Röhlig, we are currently looking for a
Director Global Contract Logistics (m/f/d)
With a direct reporting line to the Global Executive Board (CEO Sea freight, Airfreight, Contract Logistics & Sales), this position would ideally be placed in our Head Office in Bremen but another remote work place within the European time zone incl. regular travel might also be possible.
- Plan, direct, budget and control the commercial, contractual and operational activities of the Global Contract Logistics division
- Develop the strategy on new warehouses and innovative logistics concepts in conjunction with country subsidiaries
- Drive customer focus through high quality service to local and network customers
- Maintain and develop strong customer relationships through effective CRM and interaction with the global sales teams
- Optimize existing facilities in countries in regards to racking, storage and products, e.g. review, improvement and development of warehouse processes and software
- Maintain the quality assurance of operations along with implementing and advocating HSSE standards
- Manage and develop a small contract logistics team and functionally manage a virtual team around the Röhlig network
- In depth knowledge of contract logistics and freight forwarding that includes handling, storage and distribution of various products and cargos
- Knowledge of economic and accounting principles, along with forecasting and analyzing data and financial information to present a business case
- Highly engaging, innovative and liable in finding solutions for the customer
- Strong communication, presentation and negotiation skills
- Strong analytical skills as well as high IT affinity to analyze systems and make use of them
- Experience with working in an international environment and managing virtual teams
- Ready to travel
What you can expect
Working at Röhlig means to live internationality: Every day staff members around the world cooperate on developing logistics solutions for their customers. Smart minds with drive encounter numerous opportunities to play a vital role in this process. Flat hierarchies, a pleasant and friendly work environment, considerable opportunities for personal development and long-term career planning provide the basis for your success.
- We focus on longevity and offer an unlimited employment contract.
- We offer an attractive and performance-related remuneration package as well as monetary benefits like additional holiday payments, child-caring contribution and a company-supported pension scheme.
- Our company policy for flexible working hours and mobile working supports your personal needs in your daily routine.
- If a long-term time-out is needed, it could be arranged a 2 to 6 months’ sabbatical.
- Regular career development talks and individual training and coaching give you a base for your further professional development.
- Your modern and ergonomic work place is located in the Bremen Überseestadt, directly at the Weser river.
- Different offers by our partner awo lifebalance support you to balance family and work commitments.
- Your birthday is an additional day-off.
- You prefer riding a bicycle to the office? Take a chance getting a company bike-leasing offer through salary conversion and employer’s contribution.
- And above all: take a chance to be a part of a great team!
We look forward to meeting you!
Human Resources Manager
Röhlig Logistics GmbH & Co. KG
Am Weser-Terminal 8