Location: Detroit, Michigan
- Maintain and manage specifically assigned accounts to ensure smooth operational process on a continuous basis for the R-USA ORD office
- Responsible to coordinate and ensure the expeditious delivery and/or collections of all Import, Exports, Air and Sea consignments to customers with prescribed quality standards while using judgment and independent discretion
Coordination Operations of Imports & Exports, Air and Sea Departments by
- Monitoring work flows and management of resources to ensure and verify timely and accurate accomplishment operational processes
- Ensuring a speedy delivery of cargo to customers
- Ensuring compliance with all regulations prescribed by USA Customs/IATA/TSA and other governing bodies
- Ensuring support documentation is available and correct
- Overseeing collection and deliveries on behalf of the client/agent as required
- Ensuring registration of shipments
- Ensuring accurate completion of airway bills/bills of lading
- Reporting to customs where relevant
- Ensuring timely collection and delivery to carriers/consolidators/packing depots
Financial and Accounting Outcomes
- Invoicing and collection of freight, agency and disbursements from clients
- Resolves accounting issues related to on forwarding cost/payment, overseas invoicing, free domicile, etc.
- Supplies support documents & information of accounts on overdue payments, thus reducing impediments to prompt payment
Client and Supplier Management
- Quotes and records rates to clients and prospective clients and negotiate buying rates with airlines/shipping lines and subcontractors
- Deployment of information about all contracts with customers and suppliers to all parties
- Manages allocated customers using establishes tools (eg. Activity reports)
- Achieves and exceeds targets
- Traces order and ensures that information affecting arrival and dispatch is communicate to customers (internally & externally) or their agents.
- Reacts in a timely manner while reviewing discrepancies for customers and monitors complaints and positive feedback
- Demonstrates good interdepartmental relationships and liaises with suppliers and overseas agents. Makes customers and their needs a primary function of their actions and decisions to ensure our brand name and reputation continue to flourish.
- Shows initiative when handling problems - ensures customer complaints are resolved in a timely and appropriate manner, and implements measures to eradicate identified weaknesses in order to refine and improve processes to internal and external customers
Maintains goals and objectives for specified accounts in accordance with company guidelines in key performance areas by using agreed key performance indicators (number of jobs, amount of revenue, revenue cost per job, expenses/revenue ratio)
Adhere to the minimum standard to which Rohlig USA is committed (ISO 9001 2008, ISO 14001:2004), and implementation of Rohlig USA Procedures, financial and quality objectives
As part of the team, helps to ensure that the branch achieves financial and quality objectives
High school graduate, some college preferred
Has knowledge of related computer applications. Familiarity with all freight forwarding procedures & departments
Essentially six years of industry related experience. Demonstrated supervisory experience. Strong customer services background
Clear communicator. Highly motivated and results driven. Outstanding people skills, customer driven. Able to handle complex problems. Works well under pressure and can multitask. Business savvy. Accountable. Decisive
What you can expect?
Play a vital role in this process. Flat hierarchies, a pleasant and friendly work environment, considerable opportunities for personal development and long-term career planning provide the basis for your success.
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume and motivation letter to:
Mrs. Kim Keck
Human Resources Manager
Rohlig USA LLC
1601 Estes Ave., Elk Grove Village, IL 60007
Telephone: 224-563-3300 Fax: 224-563-3301